Friday, April 1, 2011

"This is What I Pray For"

For my first blog post, I thought I'd share a poem that I wrote recently.  Enjoy!  More posts and info. will be coming soon:)

This is What I Pray For

Wet sloppy kisses and rocking to sleep
beautiful tiny hands and perfect little feet
the sound of baby sighs and cries
this is what I long for

Busy hands and pattering feet
messy fun and learning new feats
the joy of Toddler discoveries
this is what I hope for

Bedtime stories and riding a bike
off to school and oh so bright
the wonder of how fast they grow
this is what I wish for

Welcoming arms and an open heart
whispered prayers and silent tears
the miracle of motherhood
this is what I pray for

3 comments:

  1. I had tears in my eyes as I read this. I'm daily praying for you guys that the desires of your hearts are granted.

    You two will be such amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biz! We appreciate the kind words and the prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to become Auntie Heidi! Keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete